Our Forests. Our Strength.
Stop Subsidizing the Destruction of Vital Woodpecker Habitat
Woodpeckers need mature trees to survive. But UK subsidies for bioenergy threaten their habitat. The UK is being hypocritical. They’ve committed to protecting 30% of their land and oceans by 2030. They’ve committed to investing billions in nature and restoration. But their policies are leading to more forest destruction in the US South. We need your help to save woodpeckers and their vital habitat. Take Action!
Tell UK Officials to Keep Southern Forests Standing and Stop Funding the Forests-as-Fuel Sham.
Want to know more about these beautiful birds? Learn more about woodpeckers here.
Your message will be delivered to these UK government officials:
- Dr Thérèse Coffey – Secretary of State for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs
- Trudy Harrison – Parliamentary Under Secretary of State in the Department for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs
- Jim McMahon – Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs
- Keir Starmer – Leader of the Opposition, Leader of the Labour Party
- Tim Farron – Leader of the Liberal Democrats, Liberal Democrat Spokesperson for Environment, Food, and Rural Affairs